Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Puppets Are Working!

Yay! Some exciting news. The puppets suggested by the Dude's speech teacher really are working. After reading the Tortoise and the Hare we made some simple stick puppets.

Dude was very excited about them. He wanted to be involved in every part of the process of making them. I sketched our favorite poses of both the tortoise and the hare from the book we'd just read and he helped decide which ones to use. (I think we've read it about 5 times.) Then we colored them, cut them out, glued them to some card stock, then glued them to Popsicle sticks.

Of course, Dude didn't narrate back the whole story on his own but he was able to act it out with me using our puppets. I think that's amazing for him! I'm sure the more we practice acting out the stories at the end of each unit, the better he'll get at it.

We've finished the Tt Turtle unit and are almost done with the Turtle lapbook. Pictures will be posted as soon as we're done. Probably next week since this is a busy weekend. I'll have to make a standard pocket to store our stick puppets for each unit. :) Puppets and lapbooks. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment