Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Perseverance (Did I spell that right?)

I'm having a lot of luck thinking of different ways to teach perseverance to the Dude. Perseverance is the theme for his Tt Turtle unit. The problem is getting my hands on the materials. I went to the library today to pick up a couple of books with perseverance themes but even though the catalog said the books were in, they weren't. Sorta frustrating. I'll have to go back and look for Horton Hatches the Egganother day since this cold/allergies I have is a bit much for me.



I requested Veggie Tales Sumo of the Opera from the library but they just took too long so I had my hubby bring it home tonight. It was nice, the whole family sat down to watch it while dinner was in the oven. Perseverance was mentioned over and over again and it was even defined in the beginning. I wish we'd had the movie a bit sooner for St. Patrick's Day but that's okay, maybe the Dude will remember what it's about in time for next year. :) After watching the movie I asked him if he liked learning more about perseverance and he sounded very happy to hear the word again. I think we picked the right movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment